In this Tripleseat review, we unpack the platform to understand how it works, what it offers, and whether it’s worth it for venue and event managers.
Tripleseat is a well-known sales and event management solution designed for the hospitality industry, including restaurants, hotels, and unique venues. It aims to help venues increase sales, improve the way they manage bookings, and ultimately drive more revenue for the business.
While Tripleseat can be a good solution for large chains and hotels, it’s not the only program available on the market. It is often more complicated and expensive than what independent restaurants, hospitality groups, and event venues need. For these businesses, there are other easier and more affordable options, like Perfect Venue.
Keep reading as we explore the platform in detail to understand exactly what’s on offer. This should help you pinpoint which solution makes the most sense to manage events for your business.
Tripleseat Review: Platform Features, Integrations, & Pricing Explained
What is Tripleseat?
Tripleseat is a web-based sales and event management platform used by hotels, large restaurants, and event venues. When organizing events, it streamlines the planning and event management process through its range of built-in tools.
With Tripleseat, you can gather leads, create proposals, draw up event orders, send out contracts, and generate invoices. This is done with ready-made templates that produce a professional, branded look in half the time it takes to create manually.
Venues use the platform to manage single or multiple events, large private dining experiences, in house events, wedding business, and more. Documents can be stored online and viewed on a desktop computer (their mobile experience is limited), making it possible to send contracts and support the event planning process.
What are the Features of Tripleseat?
The Tripleseat dashboard has a general calendar view, a lead management platform, a booking management page, and an events management tab. In addition, there is an integrated tasks list, contract feature, a contacts list, and access to reports.
The platform also provides tools for payment processing, contact management, and an online signature tool. When it comes to communication, you can send messages to clients, the event planner, and your team inside the platform, where you can track correspondence directly from the dashboard.
There are built-in templates for generating proposals, executing contracts, event orders, and invoices. You can import your company’s logo and colors to achieve a consistent, professionally branded look without needing design knowledge or input from a computer programmer.
While these features are ‘nice to haves’ for chains, hotels, and other complicated operations, many who use Tripleseat as a new booking system find the features overwhelming to navigate. Some features go untouched for individuals, either because they are complex to use or simply not needed.
In general, Tripleseat reviews tend to agree the platform is built for larger teams at large venues and chains.
Despite all its features, the platform still lacks a few functionalities that other venue management solutions offer. For example, there are no automated email templates, and you can’t set up automated email workflows. Additionally, Tripleseat is almost impossible to use on your phone, which slows down response times to guests and can lead to lost revenue.
Being well known has its perks, but it also has its drawbacks. Because Tripleseat is a decade old, it is not well known for being modern or easy to use.
What Integrations are Available for Tripleseat?
To get the most from this sales and event management tool, there are a variety of integrations you can take advantage of.
Tripleseat offers integrations to support:
- Leads management
- Table management (for restaurants)
- Business intelligence reporting
- Property management systems
- Email and calendar integrations
- Room schematics
- Digital reader boards
The good news is you can integrate most of the major marketing and organizational tools your business uses with the platform.
Some of the most popular Tripleseat integrations include:
- Mailchimp: The platform does not offer its own automated email solution. You will need to use Tripleseat alongside a platform like Mailchimp to send marketing emails to guests.
- Google Calendar: Tripleseat offers its own calendar function, but you can also integrate this with your existing Google calendar to make it easier to manage your bookings.
- Meta for Business: Tripleseat offers a supported integration with Meta for Business to assist with Facebook marketing strategies.
- Constant Contact: Your events business can use Tripleseat integrated with Constant Contact to access more advanced marketing tools and create more complete marketing funnels.
- Microsoft Outlook: For email and calendar integrations.
- Fishbowl: Inventory management software that events businesses can use with Quickbooks.
- WebRezPro: A cloud-based hospitality property management software solution.
- Spiff: A commission management solution.
- Kenect: A cloud-based reputation management software solution.
- StayNTouch Cloud PMS: A property management system designed for hospitality.
- AllSeated: A software solution for events planning that incorporates virtual reality and 3D diagrams.
- SevenRooms: A software platform events venues can use for operations, marketing, and guest engagement.
- Oracle Service: A web, social, and contact center.
Unlike most companies that offer transparent pricing these days, Tripleseat does not have any pricing information on its website at the time of writing. However, we often hear that it costs around $4,500 per year due to a recent price hike, which doesn’t always include taxes. Additionally, Tripleseat charges additional fees for payment processing which reduces your revenue.
The reason Tripleseat is so expensive is that it has a ton of features, many of which you may not use. Fortunately, companies like Perfect Venue offer a variety of plans, so you only pay for the features you need.
You will need to book a demo and speak to a sales representative to find a pricing solution to match your needs. Typically, Tripleseat is not known to be the best software when it comes to value for money.
- A range of features designed to meet the needs of large event venues and hotels.
- Guest and internal communication features get information to the right parties to coordinate important details and stay on the same page.
- Lead capture abilities through client contact forms. Event businesses can use Tripleseat to capture new leads from a variety of different sources (Facebook page, phone inquiries, website, and venues).
- Create branded documents that match your business.
- Allows you to accept online bookings through your site and social media channels.
- Centralized booking information so that all event details are in one place.
- App integrations are available.
- Contract tool and template feature.
- Online payment portal to collect client payments, including a deposit and balance due.
- Customer support, knowledge base, and FAQs available.
- No free trial is available.
- Pricing is not transparent, and you need to contact a sales person from Tripleseat.
- Expensive and not the best value for money for most venues.
- Onboarding process often takes weeks or more and requires assistance from customer support.
- Not known for being easy to use. You may have to watch many videos or sit with a training team to learn how to use it.
- Team communication feature can be confusing.
- Lacks certain automation capabilities that other venue management platforms offer.
Tripleseat is a popular catering and event management platform that has been around for years. Larger hotel and restaurant venues use it to streamline their booking process, collect client info, and simplify events management.
While Tripleseat has its advantages, it’s not the perfect software solution for everyone. It tends to be more complicated than what most independent restaurants and hospitality groups need which increases the cost and time to train new employees.
If you have just started managing events at your unique venue and want a platform that is simple to use, we recommend Perfect Venue. It is perfectly suited to restaurants, breweries, hospitality groups, inns, and more.
Perfect Venue offers a variety of plans from a baseline, free subscription to our Premium Plan with access to all features and full-service onboarding. All plans, of course, come with our stellar customer service.
Contact our sales team to schedule your demo and try out this truly amazing tool and learn how venue managers are utilizing Perfect Venue to streamline their business.